Transport workflow and organizational structure

Breslavets, Sergey Sergey.Breslavets at anheuser-busch.com
Wed Dec 4 11:04:16 EST 2002

Hi Enrique,

i am not sure it is the best approach, but here's how we do it:

1. We do not transport Org Structures - we maintain org structure =
directly in
PRD environment (as master data).=20
2. For testing purposes we usually create a fake org structures (with =
fake user
ids and position) in DEV and QAS that match our target one in =
production as
close as possible. We don't use real user ids for testing purposes in =
DEV and
QAS, so that the real people are not impacted by out tests (e.g. do not =
get any
funny email messages).
3. We try to use virtual attributes for agent assignment (instead of =
position or
user ids), so that the workflows are not dependent on particular =
implementation
of an Org structure (numbering).=20

hope this helps :)

Sergey