Reacting Collectively

Robin Sahasranam Rsahasranam at worldbank.org
Thu Aug 29 08:37:26 EDT 2002

Hi Alon,

You don't necessarily need an event-triggered  workflow with a background step
to send the email. You can create a function module and link it to the event by
maintaing event linkage via SWE2. We send out emails to requisitioners when a
purchase requistion is approved. Out event linkage entry is as follows:

Object type:  BUS2105
Event:            Released
Receiver type: EMAIL_NOTICE (can be anything you like, it is only a name)
Receiver FM  : Z_REQ_EM_APPROVED (your actual function name)
Enabled:         Checked

The function interface is standard and must be as follows:

IMPORTING
      VALUE(EVENT) LIKE  SWETYPECOU-EVENT
      VALUE(RECTYPE) LIKE  SWETYPECOU-RECTYPE
      VALUE(OBJTYPE) LIKE  SWETYPECOU-OBJTYPE
      VALUE(OBJKEY) LIKE  SWEINSTCOU-OBJKEY
TABLES
       EVENT_CONTAINER STRUCTURE  SWCONT

Regards,

Robin Sahasranam

                    Alon Raskin
                    <araskin at 3i-consulti        To:     Sap-Wug at Mitvma.Mit.Edu
                    ng.com>                     cc:
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: Reacting Collectively
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    08/29/2002 03:01 AM
                    Please respond to
                    SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group

I thought about that but then I would need to have this 'master' workflow
that sat around and listened. If we ever have a system crash it would need
to be manually restarted as nothing actually kicks it off. Its not really a
'Workflow' as such but rather just a little monitor.

Don't get me wrong Tomasz, that approach will work its just that I wanted to
see if anyone else had any other ideas.

Regards,

Alon Raskin
3i Consulting Group