Advance with dialog question

Robin Sahasranam Rsahasranam at worldbank.org
Tue Aug 27 08:52:55 EDT 2002

Hello Sheldon,

It is my understanding that the Advance with dialog setting only works for two
consecutive dialog tasks. If you have an intervening background step then the
user will have to execute the next step from the Inbox.  When the background
step starts, the user's current dialog step has to be terminated and returned to
the start screen, in this case the Inbox.

Regards

Robin Sahasranam

                    Sheldon Skidmore
                    <skidmore.s at pg.com>         To:     Sap-Wug at Mitvma.Mit.Edu
                    Sent by: SAP                cc:
                    Workflow                    Subject:     Advance with dialog question
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    08/27/2002 08:14 AM
                    Please respond to
                    SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group

Hello Fellow WF'ers,

I have a workflow in which a user executes a workitem and performs a
transaction, then some background tasks occur, then (based on background
results) a specific user decision is displayed.  For some reason the user is
getting popped back into their inbox to execute the user decision - instead of
it executing immediately.  I did some checking and all the 'Advance with Dialog'
flags are turned on.  Also, each dialog task is determined via a SAP office
distribution list (the same list for both tasks).

I have similar scenarios in the same workflow and do not run into this issue.
Any ideas on why they are getting put back into their inbox and forced to
execute the item manually?

Thanks,
Sheldon Skidmore