Object not appearing in Workitem

Robin Sahasranam Rsahasranam at worldbank.org
Mon Aug 26 16:55:09 EDT 2002

Hi Workflow experts,

We have developed a custom Workflow using a custom business object which has a
foreground customer task which appears in the Inbox. This task executes a
synchronous object method with dialog and  confirm end of processing is
required. This task is used to maintain comments on projects and requires manual
decision to indicate if the input is complete.

When the workitem appears initially in the Inbox in READY status,  no objects
appear for this task under the Objects and Attachments in the Preview pane of
the Inbox. Also there is no entry in the Grouped according to content type
folder. When the item is executed and not completed (i.e. status = COMMITTED),
the Object appears  under the Available Objects of the task but still not in the
Object list and in the Grouped according to content type folder. All other tasks
which do not require end of processing to be confirmed work fine.

We are currently productive on 4.0b and migrating soon to 4.6c.  I am planning
to ask users to click on the Object link on the Preview pane to see more details
and also use the Grouping folders to filter like workitems. But this will not
work for the tasks which require confirmation of end of processing.

Robin Sahasranam
World Bank