SAP Rel. 4.6B and background tasks in workflows

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Mon Aug 26 08:47:50 EDT 2002

This depends on your coding. For instance, not all batch-input that works
fine in the foreground will work in the background. This is related to the
new GUI controls in UnjoySAP. There could be similar problems in other
areas, but this is the one I have run into.

There is of course also the standard problem: authorisations
Check the authorisations of your background user before anything else.
SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW is the _standard_ for that user. Since we buy shelfware
we don't want to deviate more than necessary from the standard solutions,
right?
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Eivind Bustnes
                    <EBU at edbgruppen.dk>         To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    Sent by: SAP                cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Workflow                    Subject:     SAP Rel. 4.6B and background tasks in workflows
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    26.08.2002 13:59
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Hi,

I have a 4.6B system, where I have made some extentions to a objecttype
(FIPP, BUS2012 etc.). I have made my own methods which I link to a task in
a workflow.

The problem is that I want to run the task as a background task, and when I
do this it seems that the system doesen't read the method. If i run the
task in the foreground instead the method is read and the task is working.
When i do this in a 4.6C system everything is OK. To me this seems like a
bug in the system, but I can't find any OSS notes describing the problem.

Have anyone experienced the same problems or have someone a suggestion to
what I should do?

Best Regards Eivind Bustnes

this message.
Thank you.