SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION using Activity Groups

Cristiana d'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au.pwcglobal.com
Tue Aug 20 00:22:46 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm using 4.6c and I have to send a notification to a specific group of
users.

The selection of this group of users is based on Activity Groups ie.
whoever has assigned certain roles (AG) should receive the notification.

I want to use SELFITEM.SENDTAKSDESCRIPTION and I know that I can't use
Activity Groups directly in the send mail step
(SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION).

I'm looking for suggestions on how to build my list of adresses in the
workflow container (multiline) so I can pass the container element as an
expression to the send mail step.

I created a 'dummy' task so I could assign the agent type 'Role' in the
Agent Assignment. Then I created a method that uses FM
'RH_TASK_AGENTS_INDEX' and return the list of possible agents. It works
fine and the SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION is working without dramas.
However, I'm not very comfortable with this 'dummy' task but somehow I need
to have a way of determining the roles...The 'dummy' task doesn't even
appear in the workflow...

Originally I tried to create this task within the workflow. I assigned the
roles in the agent assignment and tried to use WF_TASK.ALLAGENTSOFTASKGET
to populate the workflow container. However this task is to be performed in
the background, therefore there is no agent assignment!!

Any further ideas???

Thanks and regards,

Cristiana
computer.