Creation of Object Attributes

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Aug 14 20:27:04 EDT 2002

Hi Diane,
A structure is just a temporary work area and therefore doesn't hold any data that
you could select from the database. You need to find the real database table
or alternatively a function module that retries the data you want.
Structures are often used on the initial screens of transactions to allow for
flexibility of selection.  Usually if you want a field it is best to
move past the first screen of the transaction and look again- often the
technical details on other screens will show the correct tables.

You may want to get an ABAP-er to help you find the actual table or function module
to call.  It's quite possible that you may need to build a virtual attribute rather
than a database attribute if the relationship between the quality notification and the
field is not absolutely direct.

I gather you are after partners for your notification - there are a
series of function modules with pattern QMPA_* and PM_PARTNER* that may be helpful to you.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book