BAPI not raising change doc event

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at mit.edu
Mon Aug 12 16:48:41 EDT 2002

Hello WF'ers

I have used the Event Wizard to set up an event ('CHANGED') for the
Material Master business object BUS1001006.  When changes are made to a
material thru the GUI, all is well.  The change docs are created, the
event is raised, and I know I can start my workflow.  However, the
programmer developing a custom application is using
BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA to save the changes to the Material Master.  This
BAPI does cause change docs to be written, but the Event does not get
raised.  I've looked in SAPNet for notes, but don't seem to find any
that would apply.

Any clues as to where we have gone astray ?

Many thanks
Sue