EBP/Workflow

Deanna Teo deannate at au1.ibm.com
Tue Aug 6 22:18:32 EDT 2002

Hi

I am assisting to do some scoping architecture work at my client's site on
EBP for an eSOW(electronic Statement of Work) work. Unfortunately I do not
have much ideas about EBP. What my client is interested is to have a
workflow solution where documents can be attached to the eSOW object and
they want to be able to trace the changes that were made to the attached
documents and on the fields/values on the transactions that were made in
EBP.

I have a few questions here:-
   Can EBP system handle the attached documents and track the
   changes(different versions) or do we have to use Knowledge base or DME
   here to manage this scenario if EBP can't handle it? And if so, how does
   Workflow track this?
   Also, can the trnx in EBP show changes made by the users with the values
   shown on the screen? This is not referring to audit/change logs. This
   scenario is referring to the existing interface.
   For Eg on screen : field Amount  = $500.00    (was $700.00).
   This to me seems very similar to a change document but does the EBP
   interface enable this changes on the same trnx screen at the moment?

If any of you have any ideas./replies to the above questions, I would
appreciate it heaps.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Deanna Teo