EBP 2 stage approval WF WS 10000276

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Apr 29 05:23:53 EDT 2002

Hi Nicholas,
Hopefully a little more info will help you sort it out.

All EBP workflows use ad hoc agent assignment.  For ad hoc
agent assignment to work, you must have the following:

* Workflow has the basic data property to allow ad hoc agent assignment

* Workflow has the basic data constructor class - there is a special
one for EBP - in 2.0c it's called program exit instead of constructor class
I think
It's the constructor class that starts the evaluation of the ad hoc agents

* Ad hoc agent object - in your case ASBMANOFSL is the ad hoc agent object
The Create method of the ad hoc agent object is the one that determines the
initial
agents for a step.  It is VITAL in 2.0C and above that the Create method
works
for both saved shopping carts and new shopping carts (i.e. it must work
during
approval preview even though the shopping cart has not yet been saved).

* The ad hoc agent object attribute "Agents" assigned to the relevant step

For the spending limit approver determination to work you must have:
* Spending limit/approval limit defined for the user and approver
* Spending limit approver defined in the organisation plan attribute for
the user (i.e. the shopping cart creator)

So yes it sound like you have done everything ok.

If you look in the create method of asbmanofsl you will find that all it
does is use the shopping cart to retrieve the spending limit manager as an
attribute of the shopping cart.  So your best bet to debug is to use the
business object builder (transaction SWO1) test options against an existing
shopping cart
created by the relevant shopping cart creator to see if the attribute
returns
the spending limit manager userid in the correct format.  It may just be
that
the spending limit manager attribute has not been entered in the correct
format
- in any case doing some attribute tests should clarify the problem.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
SAP Australia