Substitute Authorizations/profiles/roles

Sherman Wright swright at lsil.com
Thu Apr 25 20:15:36 EDT 2002

Hi all -

I thought I'd throw my two cents in:

Here, since I'm the Workflow Admin and the Security Admin, we have tried to
prevent too much work when this type of thing happens.  The main
authorization that we use for requisition approvals is the authorization
object M_EINK_FRG (Release Code and Group [Purchasing]).  We have separated
the release codes into two groups: finance (Controller, 1st Level Controller
and VP Finance) and organizational (Supervisor, Department Manager,
Director, Vice President and Executive Vice President), so we have two (2)
approval roles.  Anybody that takes the workflow approval training gets one
(or both) of the roles depending on their responsibilities.  The safeguard
is that no one can use the approval authorization unless a) that person is a
regular approver identified through the HR Organizational Structure; b) that
person is set up as someone's substitute; or c) a work item is forwarded to
that person.  In other words, if you never get anything to approve, having
the ability to approve something is not a security risk...  Anyway, it works
for us (so far...).

Regards,
Sherman