Printing SAP forms generated for workflow

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Apr 25 19:14:33 EDT 2002

Hi Richard,
Maybe I misunderstood?
You want to print via SAPGUI?  The print icon is only available if you have
a list to print from - e.g. if are in a report list.

You can of course add your own commands to start printing from SAPGUI,
e.g. via LEAVE TO LIST PROCESSING option in a transaction (which is what
your generated web transaction is after all).  You would then code your
own report using standard report events after this.  But of course this
means changing each generated web transaction and making sure you don't
regenerate it.   If you haven't used LEAVE TO LIST PROCESSING before suggest
you look it up in the ABAP online help and in SAP Library help.
This topic is covered in ABAP dialog programming courses also.

What you might want to do to minimise the changes is to create a
function module that can print the container of any work item, to minimise
the changes to your web transaction. There are some workflow APIs
that are helpful here, e.g. to return a work item's container contents.

You also might want to think about whether you need to do this from the work
item
or whether a report that finds and prints relevant work items would be more
effective.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267
Fax: +61 2 9935 4880