Workflow with Hierarchies from LDAP?

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Apr 25 19:00:57 EDT 2002

Hi Lars,
If you can call your LDAP system via RFC then you could use a programmed
rule (standard role) to call the LDAP system and return the relevant agents.

This is probably the simplest option, but a lot depends on what LDAP system
you are using, how easily it supports remote procedural calls, whether you
have
or are able to create appropriate routines in your LDAP system to extract
the
data you need etc.  Suggest you talk to your LDAP and Basis Technology
groups/consultants.

If you really want to bring your LDAP hierarchies into HR that's a bigger
question
as to whether that's the right way to go long term and how that would impact
current HR org plans - suggest you talk this over with your HR
group/consultants.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267