Strange workflow triggered

Bormans, Raf Raf.Bormans at thevisionweb.be
Tue Apr 16 07:54:23 EDT 2002

Hi,

We have a workflow running (46C) on a batch change event (through CHARGE
change document event creation on a delegated subtype for BUS1001002).
The workflow consist mainly of 1 backgrounbd step (which creates internally
an IDoc which is posted in the system through INBOUND_IDOC_PROCESS).

In our production environment, apart from the correct workflows (status
COMPLETED), we have quite some workflows in status STARTED. When we look
into the graphical log, these workflows are started through the workflow
start icon, not the change event start icon. But these workflow are most
certainly not started manually by a user. Further, in the technical log,
those workflows do not contain any BUS1001002 object data.

At execatly the same time the workflow is triggered, I found a job ARFC:...
in SM37 on ABAP RSARFCSE with the same user name as the one which triggers
the workflow. Both are probably linked. The system is loaded with these kind
of ARFC:... jobs.

I know that workflow uses a lot of tRFC, but can somebody explain where all
those jobs come from? It seems like we are running this job to frequently,
and it is taking some parts of existing tRFC LUW's.

Anybody any ideas?

Regards, Raf