Role Error in Workflow

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Apr 11 21:46:07 EDT 2002

Hi Louise,

Expense approvals? Hmmm.... I guess that means the workflow is using HR
infotypes
underneath the business objects?
Then it is likely that you are being hit with HR structural authorisation
errors.

E.g. The person who raises the event starts the workflow. Under normal
workflow
behaviour that person's userid is used to evaluate and execute the following
few
steps in case the next dialog work item belongs to them. This means that if
your
condition step uses HR infotype data, and HR structural authorisation is on
the infotypes
are being retrieved under the dialog user's authority. When you restart with
SWPR you
are using a different userid that does have the authority to retrieve the
infotype data.
The technical view of the workflow log shows you whose userid is being used
to evaluate the workflow step.

I've just been working on something similar so this is very fresh in my
mind.
The main thing is you want the workflow system user to have superuser
authority
to HR structural authorization (e.g. via table T77UA) and to ensure the
condition step
is evaluated by the workflow system user.

There are a couple of ways you could do this - e.g. playing with the advance
with dialog
options, or including a background step prior to your condition step (e.g.
you could set
up a background task linked to an empty background method to explicitly
"swaptobackgrounduser").

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267
Fax: +61 2 9935 4880