FIPP - Change Fiscal Year

Loesel Ulrike ulrike.loesel at orange.ch
Thu Sep 27 08:38:22 EDT 2001

Hello Workflowers,

we use a workflow on 4.6B to release and post parked documents (object type
FIPP).

Accounting wants to transfer the parked documents at the end of the year to
the new year which is possible with transaction FBV4 and I also found
OSS-note 87700 to transfer the workflow from the document in the old year to
the document in the new year. So far so good...

I tested on the development system with some documents we had thanks to a
client copy from year 2000, transferred them to 2001 and the workflows were
transferred as well. When I executed the steps in the workflow which had to
be performed next (as I was not the agent I used 'replace manually' and
executed directly from the workitem change mode) seven out of eight showed a
strange behaviour and ran into error. Only one could be performed correctly.
The ones with error did the following:
- The workitem I started executing first was straight away completed,
without letting me do the task (always a decision task)
- the next task was started (although I did not do the decision the first of
the three possibilities was obviously choosen) and ran immediately into
error "Work item 000000394071: Object OCD131    FIPP      010000130096492001
method CHANGE cannot be executed    (error WL 821)"
- you can do a restart after error but on executing the "change task" the
same error appears again

After the transfer of the workflow all containers had the new document key
as object in them, so this seems to be fine.
The one workflow I could finish correctly had as well a decision task as
next to be executed and in this case it worked.

Does anybody out there has experience with this and a tip for me?
I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Ulrike Loesel
SAP Analyst (Logistics)