Set value using Container Operation for structure field(s).

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Wed Sep 26 02:54:33 EDT 2001

As far as I know you can't set individual fields in a structure, just like you
can't update one row in a table.
You must extract the structure, modify the field and then update the container
with the whole structure.

One possible and very good reason to keep it that way is that the data are
probably stored in simple binary form, i.e. you need to know the exact mapping
to fields before you know which bytes to update for a certain element of a
structure.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          "Johns, Ron E"      |
|        |          <RJohns at powercor.com|
|        |          .au>                |
|        |          Sent by: SAP        |
|        |          Workflow            |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM|
|        |          A.MIT.EDU>          |
|        |                              |
|        |                              |
|        |          26.09.2001 06:52    |
|        |          Please respond to   |
|        |          "SAP Workflow Users'|
|        |          Group"              |
|        |                              |
|--------+------------------------------>
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                       |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                        |
  |       Subject:     Set value using Container Operation for structure       |
  |       field(s).                                                            |

Hi everyone,

This is probably simple....

How is it possible to set a value in a container element that is a field of
a structure using the Container Operation?
For example, BAPI method CREATEFROMDATA2 in business object type DRAW has a
mandatory container called DocumentData which is based on structure
BAPI_DOC_DRAW2.
We need to set the values for the fields in this structure, e.g.
DOCUMENTTYPE etc.  Neither the binding editor, nor the Container Operation
step seem to allow you to access the individual fields in this structure.

Regards,

Ron Johns
Powercor Australia
This email and any file attachments are confidential and intended
addressed. If you have received this email in error please tell us
immediately by return email and delete the document.

Statoil: The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this
message.
Thank you.