Perform action IF Role Resolution Error

Jody Chassereau drcakes at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:42:26 EDT 2001

Cristy,

I have had this same question in the past - mainly because we have
situations in purchase requisition approvals where the role resolution will
not find an agent to send to.  (This could be due to invalid info entered on
the requisition by the user.)

Since I am the WF administrator, I would like to also have the workflow take
action on this, such as notifying the person entering the requisition.  As
it stands, I get the error notifications in my Inbox and since it is not an
error that I can resolve, it really does no good.

I had this same question in my last training class (BC610), but was told
that it could not be done.  The only thing I could think to do would be to
set up a prior step that basically went through the same logic as the role
resolution - if it couldn't find an agent, I could have the w/f branch
accordingly before the work item was attempted.  This seems like a lot of
work for something that should be an option otherwise, so I'm hoping someone
has a different answer for you that I just haven't been able to find yet.

Jody Chassereau
drcakes at hotmail.com