Document Imaging & Workflow

Jody Chassereau drcakes at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 06:59:01 EDT 2001

Thanks Mark and Tim.  First off, I never have seen the Change work item
ability to delete logically.  But I see it now.  Just goes to show that
there's a ton of things that's available that I haven't stumbled upon.  I'm
assuming that function can be limited to a set group of users based on some
authorization.  I don't know that we would want any user to start deleting
work items, but at least I know it can be done now.

As far as the archiving wizard for workflow, I have started looking into it
what it offers here.  We originally started out using TS00007869 as the
single-step, then I put it in a template so that I could establish deadline
monitoring for requested end.  Mark, are you saying give the user a decision
step (process, delete, etc.) as the first item in which they could view the
image and decide?  Then if they choose to continue, the workflow could
continue or terminate?  My only question then would be: what if the
processor goes to enter the document in R/3 and then realizes that the data
is wrong and the imaged invoice is incorrect (maybe wrong PO or something)?
They most likely would end up scanning in a corrected invoice and the work
item they had would no longer be needed.  The task we are using has some
options for changing the document type, but I haven't seen a delete ability
at that point.

Thanks...
Jody Chassereau
drcakes at hotmail.com