Access straight to Business Workplace from Email

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Fri Oct 26 01:17:55 EDT 2001

We start the SAP GUI from our notification messages to Lotus Notes and from our
employee portal Lotus K-Station. We use sap shortcut (sapshcut.exe) to do this.
The command format is documented by SAP I believe.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          "Raskin, Alon       |
|        |          (Soliance)"         |
|        |          <ARaskin at cps-satx.co|
|        |          m>                  |
|        |          Sent by: SAP        |
|        |          Workflow            |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM|
|        |          A.MIT.EDU>          |
|        |                              |
|        |                              |
|        |          26.10.2001 00:56    |
|        |          Please respond to   |
|        |          "SAP Workflow Users'|
|        |          Group"              |
|        |                              |
|--------+------------------------------>
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                       |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                        |
  |       Subject:     Access straight to Business Workplace from Email        |

Hi Guys,

I think I have sent this questions out before but I am not sure I got the
answer I was looking for so I am going to try again.

We are sending emails to users notifying them that they have Workflows
requiring their attention to their inbox. We want to provide the
functionality that SAP MAPI does and allow the users to click on a link
which will launch SAP GUI and take them straight into the inbox. Is anyone
aware of a way of doing this. I know that we could use WebGUI but is anyone
aware of launching the actual SAP GUI exe and taking the users straight into
the Business Workplace (transaction SBWP).

Any help is appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Alon Raskin
Workflow Advisor - Soliance

Statoil: The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this
message.
Thank you.