MRP & PurReq Release Workflow

Deanna Teo deannate at au1.ibm.com
Thu Oct 18 21:22:52 EDT 2001

Hi Mike,

You have to check out how your ReleaseStrategy is setup.  I have recently
done this with 4.6C and it works fine.

Basically, the workflow is triggered upon a Purchase Order Released Step is
Created-BUS2009.RelaseStepCreated (as configured within the Release
Strategy  in transaction OMGS) by the user in ME21. The workflow looks up
the release code and sends it to the agent for approval,that is setup
within the Release Strategy.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Deanna Teo
Enterprise Resources
IBM GSA
Mobile: 0421 054 593

                    Mike Mathieson
                    <msmathieson at hotmail       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    .com>                      cc:
                    Sent by: SAP               Subject:     MRP & PurReq Release Workflow
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    19/10/2001 04:35 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

I customized the purchase req release workflow a few years ago and remember
little of how it works.  We want to start using an MRP run to create
requisitions now and would like a workflow to trigger when a certain
release
stratagy is in effect.  We tested and currently, even though a release
stratagy is set up for workflow, no workitem is created when we do an MRP
run.

Does the standard SAP supplied PurReq workflow trigger when using MRP?  If
not, is configuring the system to create workitems during an MRP run an
easy
task?