Gaps in work item id

Gregory Kowalik gkowalik at ashland.com
Tue Oct 16 08:49:39 EDT 2001

The gaps are caused by buffering of workitem ID number range I think.
You will get a gap every time your system is brought down, or in case you
have multiple application servers (each server will use each own buffered
numbers for workitem IDs).

It should not cause you any problems, but if you are annoyed by that you
can turn the buffering off in number range maintenance for wokritem ID
number range object. However this will slow performance down a little bit,
because every time a new workitem is created your system will have to make
a call to the database to get next workitem ID number instead of getting it
from the buffer.

Greg

Vincze Árpád <Arpad.Vincze at itelligence.hu>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 10/16/2001
08:39:24 AM

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:  SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>