EDI Workflow question (ORDCHG)

Michael Pokraka MPokraka at samsungsemi.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 09:09:29 EDT 2001

Hi folks,
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but would appreciate any EDI
gurus' input:

Goal: To trigger a task on inboung order changes (ORDCHG), which will enable
a user to display and review the IDoc before posting. Exactly the same as an
IDoc error.

Attempted solutions:
Created process code ZORDCHG, assigned custom task (copy of TS00008115,
ordchg input error), no problem. Idoc comes in, item appears in inbox,
execute produces 'No function module for inbound process code ZORDCHG'. Of
course there's no function module, 'cos I've assigned it to a task instead.
What gives?
Another try - assigning process code to the standard error task TS00008115
resulted in the same problem.

I know I could introduce a small deliberate error into the IDoc, but that's
cheating: I've been battling with this one for a while and would just like
to be able to sleep at night.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Michael Pokraka
SAP EDI Analyst
Samsung Semiconductor Europe Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)20 8380-7050
Fax: +44 (0)20 8380-7218
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

The information contained in this email may be privileged, confidential
and protected from disclosure. The opinions expressed are those of the
individual and not Samsung Semiconductor Europe Ltd or Samsung
Electromechanics Ltd. Internet communications are not secure and
therefore Samsung Semiconductor Europe Ltd and Samsung
Electromechanics Ltd do not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message. If you think you have received this email in error please
notify the sender or mail "admin at samsungsemi.co.uk"  and delete any
copies of the mail.