Org. Plan maintenance

NAGPAL,RITU (HP-Roseville,ex1) ritu_nagpal at hp.com
Thu Nov 15 13:17:38 EST 2001

Here is the way I have done it at several clients...

I create the PD Org (Org units, positions, relationships between these
objects) in the golden client (clean customizing client). I also create HR T
tasks if needed in the golden client. Then, I use ALE to move these PD Org
objects and relationships to the development box, testing box and production
box. The only catch here is that ALE does not support HR T tasks and so I
use the transport system to move these (I use RHMOVE30 to create the
transport request for the HR T tasks). You have to transport the HR T tasks
first and then do the ALE (this is because if the tasks exist in the
receiving system, ALE will successfully create the relationship between task
and position). In the production box, I set up the user to position
relationships as these users might not exist in all the systems in the
pipeline.
By using ALE, the object ids of the HR objects stay the same in each system.
It has worked beautifully for me....I am not creating new PD Org objects in
production so I do not end up messing anything up.

If you need details on how to do the ALE setup, let me know and I will email
it.

Ritu
HP