Start Workflow in other SAP system on a different object

Bormans, Raf Raf.Bormans at thevisionweb.be
Tue Nov 13 10:06:56 EST 2001

Hi,

I have a 40B SAP system (system A), and a SAP CRM system (system B).
I want to start a workflow into the CRM system (B), triggered by an event in
the SAP system (A).

Problem is that the object in system A is different from the one I use in
the B system. The trigger in system A is based on the KNA1 object type, the
workflow in system B on object type BUS1006005. Note that the BUS1006005
object is NOT available in system A. Both object types share the object key
"customer" (customer number in SAP, business partner in CRM).

In system A, I created with delegation a subtype ZKNA1 on KNA1, with the
event "changed". In SWEC, I linked the change document object DEBI on change
with the event KNA1.CHANGED. In SWE2, I linked KNA1.CHANGED with my system B
workflow and function module SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT on destination system
B.

But I have no idea how to create a binding with the object in my system B
workflow? So could someone suggest me how to implement the next step
correctly?

MAYBE I have to create a RFC enabled function module in system B, with a
similar interface as SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT, and use this as a receiver
function module in SWE2 in system A instead . In this function, I could use
the KNA1 object key to create an event trigger on BUS1006005 (using
SWE_EVENT_CREATE), and have this event as starting event in my system B
workflow. Anyone has experience with this coding misuse (I'm not sure this
would work)?

Kind Regards, Raf