Transporting Agent Assignments

Brian Bennings bennings.bj at pg.com
Fri Nov 9 07:29:10 EST 2001

We have had similar problems with the agent assignments.  One thing we did not
realize up front was that even though the TS task is client independent, the
agent assignments are client dependent.  However, even with that, we still
occasionally have problems.  I typically have a separate transport that is used
to correct the agent assignments for the individual tasks.  Usually, if there
are problems, I can just send it again to correct it.

With regards to the checking, rather than displaying each task and checking the
agent assignment to confirm that the task is setup as a General Task, you can
verify this quickly through an SAP table.

Table HRP1217 will include a record(s) for the task if the task has an agent
assignment.  All of our dialog tasks are set to General Task.  If the task has
no agent assignment, it will not appear on the table.

Through SE16, enter the number range of tasks into the OBJID fields.  You will
find that an X appears in the GENERAL field identifying it as a General Task.

Hope this helps.

Brian

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      cherry.ease.lsoft.com
 [209.119.0.109]

From: Murray Irwin <murrayirwin at pcmc.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 11/08/2001 07:14 PM
CST

    Murray Irwin <murrayirwin at pcmc.com>           To:   SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                       @MITVMA.MIT.EDU>           Cc:    (bcc: Brian Bennings-BJ/PGI)
                                          Subject:      Transporting Agent Assignments

                 Sent by:  SAP Workflow
         <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
                    11/08/2001 08:14 PM
 Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users'
        Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Hi,

We seem to get unreliable results when transporting agent assignments.
We have to go in and check the agents after every transport and usually
have to manually create the agent assignments in Production.

Is there a step or a process we are missing ?   (We're on 4.6c.)

Thanks in advance

Murray