Workitem text gets changed when using Japanies GUI

Brian Bennings bennings.bj at pg.com
Thu May 31 17:00:29 EDT 2001

Yes, we experienced the same problem and found a couple of related OSS notes,
198071 and 214388.  Unfortunately they did not seem to correct the problem.  We
are still working on this.

Another symptom we found was the decision text for user decisions was the word
"decision" and not what the button should have displayed.

Brian

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      cherry.ease.lsoft.com
 [209.119.0.109]

From: sanjiv bajpai <sanjiv_bajpai at yahoo.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 05/31/2001
09:48 AM MST

   sanjiv bajpai <sanjiv_bajpai at yahoo.com>           To:   SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                          @MITVMA.MIT.EDU>           Cc:    (bcc: Brian Bennings-BJ/PGI)
                                             Subject:      Workitem text gets changed when
                                                  using Japanies GUI
                    Sent by:  SAP Workflow
            <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
                       05/31/2001 12:48 PM
    Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users'
           Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Hi ,
     I have created a workflow using SAP GUI in
English  and when the workflow is triggered by the
user using SAP GUI in English,it works fine. But when
the user triggers the workflow using SAP GUI in KANJI
(Japanies language) , the workitem appears in the
user's inbox with workitem description not with the
workitem text . When the workitem triggered using
English SAPGUI ,  the workitem appears with workitem
text not with workitem description for the same user.
Has anybody faced this problem ? Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

TIA

Sanjiv