preliminary posting of inbound invoices in SAP 4.6C

Peter Keller peter.keller at ixos.de
Tue May 8 05:37:52 EDT 2001

Hi workflow experts,

we are implementing a workflow for inbound invoices in SAP 4.6C where two
urgent questions arose.

We implement the following scenario:
in the first step of the workflow transaction MIR7 is presented to initially
process the invoice. During processing the user may select (among other
options) to post or preliminary post the invoice. If the user selected
preliminary posting he may chosse to have it approved by another user first
and then post it later in the course of the process.

Now, posting the invoice straight away works fine... with preliminary
posting however, a problem occurs when we try to complete and post the
invoice in a second step.
So far the secong step is implemented the standard method EDIT of the object
type BUS2081. I found that this method is used in a standard task and also
sample workflow WS 20001003. The method calls transaction MIR4 to edit and
post the invoice.
The problem is, that after posting the workflow doesn't return to the
workflow inbox - the transaction MIR4/MIR7 stays on the screen and one has
to manually close it.
Any help on this is greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Another question is: is there a possibility to delete a preliminary posted
invoice in the background. So far, I've found method BUS2081.DELETE which is
a dialog method using transaction MIR4.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards
Peter