Vendor Master create Workflow

Robert Bates Rob.Bates at itnet.co.uk
Tue May 8 05:19:38 EDT 2001

Andre,

You can use the "Events for Change Documents" functionality (although I don't
know what release this is available from).
Firstly you will have to create a delegated subtype of LFA1 (e.g. ZLFA1). Then
you can define the Event "Created" (or whatever name you choose) and give it a
suitable description.
Then you go to transaction SWEC (Tools -> Business Workflow -> Development ->
Definition Tools -> Events -> Event Creation -> Change Documents -> Linkage in
release 4.6). This transaction is used to define new events that are created
when a master data Change Document is written by the system. You can then define
the event by creating a new entry - the "Change document object" is KRED, the
"Business object type" is LFA1 and the Event is the one you created earlier,
which should appear in the F4 pick list if all is correct. You then set the
radio button to "Create" and save - your newly defined event will now be
triggerred whenever a new vendor is created.
I have used this successfully for workflows started by the creation of a vendor.

Good luck,
Rob Bates,
e-Business & Workflow Consultant,
ITNET UK Ltd.