Roles with SENDTASKDESCRIPTION

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Fri May 4 02:03:40 EDT 2001

Sorry Arnoud, quite right! - doing workflow in my sleep again.
Confusing selfitem.sendtaskdescription with something else - don't ask me
what.

Options should be
a)Set it up as a virtual attribute and feed that in as Paul Chambers
suggests.
Thanks Paul! This works and can have some performance advantages over using
methods/tasks.

b)Calculate it first and throw it into a container element.  You can do this

with adhoc agent assignment - but there's a bit to it.
Alternatively, set up a method and associated task to evaluate the role
first and put it into a container element.

Easiest way is to set up the method or virtual attribute is to call function
module
RH_GET_ACTORS and feed in the role name in HR format (i.e. 'AC99999999').
You
need to pass the criteria for your role (of course) using the usual
workflow programming macros (swc_get/set_element, swc_get/set_table, etc.)

However it is sometimes easier to check what's been returned from the role
if you code
it as a method and task - because then you can check the container contents
in the
workflow log.  If you are satisified you can easily check the result of the
role
before and after the workflow, then go with the virtual attribute.  If it's
based
on data which changes during the workflow and you need to know what values
are given
to the role at that exact moment of time, method/task is better from a
troubleshooting/
on-going support viewpoint.

Apologies again for the confusion.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267
Fax: +61 2 9935 4880