Use of CATT vs SAP Automation

Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SSI-GRFE-3 Jeroen.J.vanderBurg at si.shell.com
Fri Mar 30 04:22:04 EST 2001

Hi all,

Question: does anyone has experience with the use of SAP automation through
workflow? What are the advantages or disadvantages with regards to the 'old'
way of moving workflow information into the SAP database by integrating CATT
scripts into the workflow?

Reason is that I have defined a number of workflow procedures using CATT
scripting to store data captured in ESS forms into SAP. A chap from SAP
advised us to use SAP automation and not CATT for this - without any further
explanation. Before actually changing anything I would be very interested to
hear any real live experiences with SAP automation and ideally a comparison
in functionality, stability and maintenance burden during actual use in a
high volume situation.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jeroen van der Burg
SAP Workflow management, Galaxy project
Shell People Services, SI - PSGB
World Trade Center, Beursplein 37, Rotterdam
Tel +31 (0)10 205 2689 Mob +31 (0)6 5503 9501 Fax: +31 (0)10 205 5363
E-mail: Jeroen.J.vanderburg at si.shell.com
http://swwus-spsglobal.shell.com/globalhr