Is it possible to open SAP Office in-box workflow folder directly (3.1H, 4.5B and/or 4.6C)?

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Thu Mar 29 08:19:53 EST 2001

Our current integration scheme between Lotus Notes and SAP is in trouble. From
June we will be using Windows 2000, Lotus Notes R5 and SAP GUI 4.6D. For some
reason (hardcoding in Lotus' LSX for RFC access to SAP R/3 is what I suspect)
attempting to open the SAP GUI from LotusScript fails when only the 4.6D GUI has
been installed. As time passed and we did not receive a solution to the problem
from Lotus I described an alternative solution to the decision makers, using SAP
shortcuts - which will give an easy transition to the single sign-on solution we
will introduce later this year. The SAP shortcuts can only take one parameter, a
transaction, so we can not continue to let the user start the workitem directly
without first storing the workitem ID in a file on local disk and then opening
that file from the SAP program to read the workitem ID.

Instead of giving the user a button to execute a particular work item I
suggested giving the user a button to go into the SAP Office in-box, hopefully
directly into the folder (or view if you prefer) which shows only workitems. The
latter has however proven to be rather difficult. I have not been able to find a
transaction code which opens the workitems folder directly, and trying to (copy
and) modify the program for SAP Office sounds like a challenge I don't want. In
3.1H the GUI status is different between the initial SO01 view and the workitems
folder, but in 4.6C not even that is the case. So even if I could call a program
and make it appear with GUI status such and such that would not help in 4.6C.
Batch input only works when running in confirmation mode (only tested it in 3.1H
since it was a dead end).

Has anyone tried and succeeded in showing a folder directly (apart from the
inbox, outbox, shared and private folders)?
--
KjetilK

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended
for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of the information
or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the addressee, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you.