Duration of work flow projects

Athar Masood AMasood at qatargas.com.qa
Fri Mar 23 11:32:42 EST 2001

Stefan,

We have been using SAP WF for PRs and Invoices since mid last year. Please
note:

1. Get an experienced SAP ABAP programmer on-board real quick, not
alternative!!
2. Make sure that your ABAP guy is trained in SAP Work Flow.
3. The implementation time would vary depending upon the skill of your ABAP
guy, after blue print has been established, a month is an O.K estimate. If
you include testing, go-live etc a good estimate is 1.5 - 2 months for each
process (like PR, Invoices etc).
4. We are using all 8 release levels from release strategy, we also use
SAPMAPI 4.5B. SAPMAPI 4.5B is not stable!!! You will be in support mode
constantly. Users will be calling all the time compalining that they can not
receive e-mails in SAPMAPI inbox.
5. SAPMAPI is a performance haug, you would need to understand your systems
requirements to make sure that you still get optimal performance.

Good luck.