Triggering Event (HR)

R Tannert tnn at ornl.gov
Tue Mar 20 14:05:53 EST 2001

Simon,

It's been a while since 3.1 (I believe you're on 3.1I), but maybe
these fuzzy memories will help:

1) You need an entry in table t77s0 with the following field values:

   grpid   WORKF
   semid   ACTIV
   gsval   X

There's an IMG table-maintenance dialog for this, but I don't
remember where it is (in 4.0B it's Personnel Management -> Global
Settings for Personnel Management -> Tools -> Business Workflow
Events -> Activate event linkage).

2) Check whether any entries in table t588w trigger the event you
want.  If I remember correctly, you can add new entries to t588w, and
you can either specify an event to be raised or specify a function
module to be called when a PA infotype record is inserted, updated,
or deleted.  PERSDATA seems to me to be the right object type since
its key is identical to the key of PA infotypes, but check table
t588v; other object types, such as ADDRESSEMP, have this key as well.
If you create a new function module, it must have the same interface
as those already listed in the table.

(The generation of events for PD infotypes via tables t779w and t779x
isn't available until 4.0.  See OSS note 307663.)

3) Of course check the event log (transaction SWEL) to see which
events (if any) are being triggered when you delete a person.

Rob