E-Mail out of Workflow

James H Cavanaugh James_H_Cavanaugh at newyorklife.com
Tue Mar 13 09:57:06 EST 2001

In workflow , via a custom methods in objects FIPP and BUS2089,  we are=

collecting and formatting data into an ASCII note which is being e-mail=
ed to
selected individuals using function module 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_AP=
I1' .  We
are currently using a type of ?DOC? in the parameters and send the note=
 as an
attachment.  Because of the different "mail messaging" products being u=
sed some
of the e-mails received are not formatted correctly.  To resolve this i=
t was
suggested that we try to send the note as an attachment in"PDF" format.=
  I found
a function module that converts ASCII to "SCR" format and incorporated =
this into
the method.  The way our SAPConnect is set up, if I send the data using=
 "SCR" as
a parameter in function module 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1' it shoul=
d convert
to OTF and then PDF format.  I am able to open the e-mail as in PDF for=
mat;
however the data is not formatted correctly; it is "wrapping around".  =
 Has
anyone converted data from ASCII to PDF  ?  We are using rel. 4.6B

Thanks,
Jim
=