Reorganization of authorization procedures for purchasing requis itions

Holger> <Fritzinger holger.fritzinger at amd.com
Mon Jun 25 22:58:52 EDT 2001

Hi all,

my customer is currently struggling with the implementation of Workflow for
purchase requisitions.
The problems are not technical, what we are facing is the need for some kind
of reengineering.

Currently there are about 6-8 authorization/approval levels for purchase
requisitions, we recommend, for ease of implementation and maintenance, to
have a lot less (maybe two or three). The technical reasons are quite
obvious, the customer is asking us now, what the experiences at other
customers are, and what 'best-practise' in implementing workflow is. For the
customer the changes have a quite big impact on the organization.

I am looking for other projects which faced the same issues, how these
issues were approached and what are the 'lessons learned' from these
implementations. This is very important for us, to show the customer that
reducing the complexity of approval is the right way to go

Thank you very much!

Holger Fritzinger