LIV Approval workflow 4.6c

Robert Bates Rob.Bates at itnet.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 19:45:34 EDT 2001

Hello everybody,

Has anybody out there had experience with the LIV Invoice Verification Approval
workflow in release 4.6c ?  This involves new methods for release 4.6c, and I am
having trouble getting it to work. Everything is fine until the last task -
standard task TS20000883. This task performs the method BUS2081.PRELIMINARYPOST,
it is asynchronous and is terminated by the BUS2081.POSTED event. The background
work item is created, but the terminating event is not raised. Displaying the
parked invoice shows that the method has not completed - i.e. the invoice is
still a preliminary document, not an accounting document. On SM58 (RFC log)
there is an entry for the event: Function Module SWW_EI_EVENT_RECEIVE with a
status message 'Tax code VS also exists' - this is message FF812, and is
supposed to be raised if the document header tax code differs from the tax code
on the line items - however, this is not the case for my documents. If I switch
off the workflow and perform the posting manually for the same documents, no
error message is shown and the document posts OK. Surely the dialogue and
background methods should perform the same validation steps?

I am hoping that someone out there has been able to get this method to work -
please let me know if you have.

I've tried to debug the method, but I get lost in the depths of old FI function
modules that use complex memory stack processes with short meaningless variable
names and no program comments (you've all encountered these sorts of programs
I'm sure!).

I've logged a call with OSS, but they seem to have difficulty grasping the
nature of the problem! They want to know what made me think a terminating event
should be raised at all! I'm tearing my hair out at the moment, and I was hoping
somebody could say that it does work and that I'm not trying to use new
functionality that has bugs in it! (By the way, the system has the latest
support pack applied - SP20).

Many thanks,
Rob Bates,
eBusiness & Workflow Consultant,
ITNET plc, SAP Division, UK.

http://www.itnet.co.uk
http://www.itnet.co.uk/eb  -  Click here to see ITNET's ebusiness capabilities

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and
not necessarily those of ITNET plc and/or its subsidiaries. This email
and any files transmitted with it, including replies and forwarded
copies (which may contain alterations) subsequently transmitted from
ITNET plc and/or its subsidiaries, are confidential and solely for the
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient
or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be
advised that  you have received this email in error and that any use
is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify ITNET Customer Service
Centre by telephone on +44 (0)121 683 4043 or via email to
csccom at itnet.co.uk, including a copy of this message.
Please then delete this email and destroy any copies of it.