Workflow Development

Nobles, Diane nobles_dh at naptheon.com
Wed Jun 20 15:43:16 EDT 2001

I am developing a workflow to confirm a Quality Notification created by
incoming data from an outside source/program.  Upon creation certain data
needs to be pulled from the notification and forwarded to various people
within the company and also returned to the initiator via the same medium
that created the notification.  I will also need to send an update when an
item is added to the notification and then again when the notification is
completed.  My concerns are:

1. The first two instances will be triggered by an event, create and change,
using a check function module to focus on the fields changed.  The last
instance needs to be triggered by status management.  How do I use status
management to trigger my workflow?

2.  Three instances need to occur at various times for multiple
notifications.  Presently I am designing three tasks for each instance,
i.e., three workflows.  Is there a way that I can put them all in one or am
I asking for trouble.  Each notification could be open, i.e., in the
workflow process for quite some time, as long as 3-4 months.

3.  The other problem I am having is that I am in 3.1H and am limited as to
the object types, methods, change documents, etc., available.  The object
type I am using is BUS2078, the change document is a MELDUNG with an event
CREATED and DATACHANGED.  I am having trouble getting the event to start the
first workflow.  Testing the workflow in the test environment works fine.
When triggering using the event, the event log shows that the event has
triggered the workflow successfully.  But no workitem shows up in the inbox.
The trace log shows nothing.  No errors are received.  Not sure what to look
for.

Diane H. Nobles
SDE PM Team
(757)380-7250