Workflow Question

Carson, Wayne Wayne.Carson at solvay.com
Fri Jun 8 14:18:31 EDT 2001

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a new workflow.  We are on verson 46b of SAP.

We are using ERS for payment of certain purchase orders.  We want to
automatically notify the requisitioner or PO creator when the invoicing plan
has a blocked status.  After the requisitioner or creator approves the
payment, then the blocked status is removed and payment is made.

I am looking at the BUS2012 business object.

PurchaseOrder.Edit                     E    Change purchase order

You have to supply the po number, item number, and settlement period  keys
in order to get to the appropriate blocked status.

The end users click a button that will remove the blocked status and set up
payment.  I can write a BDC application that will do this, however, I prefer
to use a BAPI instead.

The end users don't want to have to go to the po screen and navigate to the
settlement period in order to remove the blocked status.

Is there a method available that will allow me to directly change the
blocked status?

Thank you,

Wayne Carson
713-525-4143