CA - Message Control using Transmission Medium T: Workflow Task

Hawkins, Glen E ghawkins at eastman.com
Thu Jun 7 14:28:43 EDT 2001

I am attempting to initiate a workflow using a message control output type
and transmission medium T.  In the documentation in SAP Help it says that:

Definition
A workitem is generated here in message processing, that is defined by a
single step task (for example the standard task TS20000019): The task is
"instantiated".

I have been able to specify the task, but I am having problems determining
what the processing program that I need to reference in the IMG.  The SAP
documentation states:

Integration
As is the case for every transmission medium, you also need a Processing
program </C819893E43B111D1896F0000E8322D00/content.htm> for workflows. This
program must generate the work item. At the same time, it can call the
function module SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW.

I cannot find an SAP-provided "stub" program can perform this function.
Since this is "out of the box" functionality, I had hoped that a program
already existed that I could use as an example.   I have attempted to use
SAPLSWUS(Start Workflow, Trigger Event), but it doesn't seem to work.  Any
ideas?