disable forward option in SAP Office

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Jun 5 03:02:04 EDT 2001

Hi Fabrice/Dave,
Have double-checked everything and you're right.
Only way to stop the forward function is by the attributes on the task.

PLEASE raise this issue as a development request through ASUG.

In the meantime, if you want to stop forwarding on all tasks including
general tasks, the only way I can see to do it is to modify function module
SWW_WI_FEASIBLE_METHODS_GET to disallow forwarding, i.e. remove entry
"SWW_WI_FORWARD" from the feasible_methods table before it is returned
to calling programs.

This function module is called when a workitem is displayed to see
what actions are possible on the workitem.  So that should work.

However it's still a mod... you'll need to decide if you are willing
to support that.

If you don't want to do the mod, then I'd suggest NOT using
general task.  I don't like general task being used for steps that
should never be forwarded anyway, if knowing the agent is that crucial
the task should be assigned only to the specific people involved.
Depending on your release you may be able to assign tasks to profile
generator roles (i.e. activity groups), which I usually find is the
easiest way to assign large numbers of users to a task.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267