Problems establishing agents

Wilson, Kris wilsonk-csc at kaman.com
Sun Jun 3 22:12:03 EDT 2001

Hello Workflowers,
                    My name is Kris Wilson and I have been into workflow
administration for the last 9 months, the last month has seen me get into
workflow development and I have discovered a problem with one of the
workflows my company is maintaining for our client.  The funny thing is, I
have discovered the problem in our development client yet the workflow works
fine in production (scary?).

The workflow in question is used to request non-HP(Helicoptor) parts and
services.  It requires the user to provide details of the required items
including description, quantity, etc.  This information will be forwarded
for consideration to the user's manager and then the Business Manager.  If
it is approved the Purchasing Officer will order the goods.  The user is
then notified of the outcome via workflow messages.

The problem is occurring when the workflow is sent to the user's manager, it
just isn't reaching them in our development client, in production there is
no such problem.  The error I keep receiving essentially says that there is
an error or exception resolving role "AC000000168" Superior (as user) for...
It is telling me that there is no chief position for the user who is
starting the workflow, yet we have a cheif position in every org. unit in
our organisation.  I understand the problem, the thing is, I can't isolate
the cause of it.

Like I said, the workflow works fine in PRD yet not in DV1, we had made a
change to the organisational structure but so far I can't fathom why it
can't find an agent when we have cheif positions assigned.  If anyone out
there has any ideas on what might be causing this problem, or how to solve
it, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Regards,

Kris Wilson
SAP Workflow Administrator

CSC Australia - Defence Operations
SH-2G(A) Super Seasprite Helicoptor Support Centre
Tel:  +61-2-4429-4667     Fax:  +61-2-4429-4661
Mobile:  0404057781
Email:  wilsonk-csc at kaman.com