Workflow MiniApp Question

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Sun Jun 3 20:46:55 EDT 2001

Hi Dave,
At a guess, the miniapp uses your userid/SSO details to extract workitems
from the backend systems, and if it doesn't find you, defaults back to the
RFC destination details.

Suggest you report this in to OSS as this shouldn't happen, i.e. it should
return no workitems for those systems...

But I'd also suggest you revisit your ALE_MASTER userid.  I usually avoid
sharing generic userids for different purposes as it causes confusion
for administrators and for troubleshooting in this sort of scenario.
E.g. a separate userid for workflow (WF-BATCH), a separate userid for
ALE/EDI,
a separate userid for batch input, etc.

Equally I prefer a dedicated userid for RFC communications to the backend
such as
SID_RFC where SID is the system id of the calling system (as the userid
is actually created in the called system this gives you clarity of the
source-target
relationship. E.g. WP_RFC (userid for RFC access from Workplace).

Breaking up the generic userids gives you more scope to restrict access
where security is an issue. But more importantly from my perspective as an
implementer/programmer/administrator/troubleshooter/quality assurance
reviewer/etc.,
where documents/objects/etc. are created/changed/deleted via generic userids
at least you have some idea where this stuff is coming from.  Which can
save you a lot of time when you are troubleshooting or trying to track
down the source of unexpected activities.

Auditors and security administrators generally feel more comfortable when
they
can see where things are coming from.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267