Document Imaging Setup

Jody I. Chassereau JICHASS at westvaco.com
Mon Jul 23 14:52:36 EDT 2001

I am beginning work on a project dealing with document imaging.  We will =
be working on configuring ArchiveLink to take scanned invoices and route =
them to processors for SAP entry.  I have help on ArchiveLink, but the =
workflow falls on me.

My question to anyone familiar with this deals mainly with transaction =
OAWS (Presettings to document types with end user's Inboxes).  Let's say =
we have 5 different document types we are dealing with.  We want the =
flexibility to route a scanned document to a specified person (at scan =
time) in a group of multiple processors.  When you set up OAWS, you can =
specify a userid, position, job, etc.  I have not worked with org =
structures (we use custom tables for our other workflows), but I thought =
that maybe this would make sense to define a small structure here for =
defining the processor group.  If I used position linked to a document =
type, then you could send it to multiple people, but that is not what they =
want.  I can specify userid instead, but doesn't that mean the maintenance =
of persons involved is now in the customizing?  I need the flexibility of =
choosing userids at scan time AND be able to allow the user group to =
maintain the list of processors (when people join or leave the group).

I was hoping that someone on this list may have worked with such a project =
and could explain my options on the setup of the people involved.  Do I =
need org structure in place?  Do I set up the basic structure and can a =
user maintain the assignments of person to position?  It defeats the =
purpose if I have to maintain the structure in production.  This seems =
like it should be easy, but I'm having trouble understanding the proper =
way to do this.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks...

Jody Chassereau
jichass at westvaco.com