B2B 1.0B to EBP 2.0 - Hints/Tips

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Jul 19 19:33:02 EDT 2001

Hi Thad,
If you've changed the  BBP 1.0B workflows in any way (apart from
start conditions of course), I suggest you copy the standard
EBP 2.0 workflows and reapply your changes to them.
You don't want to cut off the change approver, add approver, add reviewer
functions at all for shopping basket approvals in particular.

I'm not aware of any showstoppers, however make
sure you read the implementation guide carefully as many of the
EBP 1.0 workflows were replaced or retired in favour of new workflows.

For instance, all the BBP 1.0 workflows that used to report problems
to the BBP administrator are now replaced by the application monitors
- so there are now no workflows needed in this area at all.

In addition the underlying tasks being used have changed so double
check that you have agents assigned to all the correct tasks.
I always prefer to work my way through the workflow defintion to double
check I have caught all dialog tasks and assigned them.

Apart from that if you want to add additional steps to your workflow
be careful of how you are affecting the java applet approval display.
This is based on the workflow log, so if your extra steps work fine from
a workflow perspective but stuff up the approval display, mark the steps
as "step not in workflow log" and that should help.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267
Fax: +61 2 9935 4880