Event Creation

Jody I. Chassereau JICHASS at westvaco.com
Wed Jul 18 16:19:50 EDT 2001

I am trying to create a custom workflow in the PM area to handle work =
order (maintenance order) approval processing.  I believe this would be =
using business object BUS2007 and allowing various approvers to go in and =
edit the work order through trans IW32.  Basically the entire workflow =
needs to be built upon changes to the system/user statuses.  For example, =
when a user status of XINR (In Review) is set, the workflow should be =
triggered.  Or let's say the workflow has sent it to an environmental =
approver, he would review it and set a user status to approved (ENVA) or =
rejected (XREJ).  The workflow would need to branch accordingly to what he =
chooses.  My thought is that I need events triggered in the system for =
each of these status changes.

I can see some of this data affecting status tables JEST, JSTO, and JCDS.  =
I see where BUS2007 has some standard events dealing with system statuses =
(created, released, completed, etc.).  Should I not be able to find =
something under Change Documents to create these user-status events?  =
Isn't there a way to do this without having to worry about user exits in =
IW32?  Most of my other workflows dealt with events already defined in =
business objects or we created custom events within exits.  Does anyone =
know the best way to determine these user statuses?  It seems like I'm =
just missing something here because it's new to me.

Thanks in advance...
Jody Chassereau
jichass at westvaco.com