AW: Passing Parameters to a CATT from WF (46c)

Dr. Ulrich Mende wug at mende-edv-beratung.de
Tue Jul 10 10:44:17 EDT 2001

Hi, Brian
Sorry, that his answer is late, but as I can see in my mails, nobody sent an
answer to you until now.
So to call a CATT procedure in the workflow do the following:

*       Create CATT-Procedure with import and export parameters
*       Create workflow task, in whitch CATT should be called
*       Set up variables for CATT import and export parameters in the
workflow-container
        there is no CATT object reference in the workflow container
*       Use the CATT wiszard to insert a new CATT task into yor workflow
        The container of this task will automatically have all parameters and a
reference of the CATT object too.
        The last one is initialised with the CATT procedure name you entered to the
wiszard
*       Bindings you have to set up only between workflow and task, not between
task and method
*       The method itself (the CATT-procedure) knows, what to read from the
container and what to put back in it.
        In the method CATT.EXECUTE an FM CAT_INFO is called, that reads the desired
parameters from the CATT definition
        and gets their values from the container via SWC_GET_ELEMENT or puts their
values back with SWC_SET_ELEMENT.

Best regards   Uli Mende

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----