Spool requests and events

Roehlen, Peter PRoehlen at powercor.com.au
Wed Jan 31 00:31:56 EST 2001

Fellow workflowers,

We have several processes that produce spool requests to an output device
that is a fax server.  Currently, we produce a report several times a day to
monitor output requests for this device in order to detect any errors (ie
invalid fax numbers etc.)  It is imperative to the business that we manage
these errors due to the importance of the information being faxed.

I would like to replace the exception report with a workflow solution so
that:
*       it is not necessary to review a report that most of the time may
have no errors on it
*       deadline monitoring can be applied to ensure high priorty output
requests are dealt with.

I cannot find any business object type for spool requests, nor can I see how
to create my events via change documents, user exits etc.

I would appreciate any feedback from people that have managed to do what I
am trying to do or have some ideas on how it could be done.

Thanks

Peter Roehlen

Powercor Australia Ltd. This email and any file attachments are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please tell us immediately by return email and delete the
document.