Problem with Send Mail Task

Jim Sauceman sauceman at utk.edu
Wed Jan 24 15:58:48 EST 2001

Workflowers,

I have a problem that seems so incredibly simple (yet frustrating) I know it
must have an equally simple solution. I would appreciate any guidance you can
offer.

I have a workflow (46B) in which I used the Send Mail Wizard to create a
SELFITEM SENDTASKDESCRIPTION activity task. Everything in the workflow works
fine except it skips the execution of this background task! If I look at the
Graphical Log representation, the workflow executes the steps before and
after, but not the step to send the simple message. I *know* this used to
work, and have successfully created these types of tasks before. Other
background tasks seem to execute just fine, so I don't see how it could be a
problem with the wf-batch user. Also, I tried a similar SAP-supplied Standard
Task (TS30000127) and it does not work either.

The binding is:

Express = X
AddressStrings = &_WF_INITIATOR&
TypeId = B

What am I missing?

Jim Sauceman.............................sauceman at tennessee.edu
University of Tennessee..................Voice: (865) 974-2448
Manager, Database and Technical Support..Fax:   (865) 974-4810
Project IRIS Workflow Team Leader