Defining a step as a Background task

SMITH Elizabeth IS_Dept Elizabeth.Smith at lai.ie
Mon Jan 22 07:59:00 EST 2001

Version 3.1H

I'v defined a new task for inclusion in an existing Workflow. I want the
task to run in the background but when I go into change task the Background
Processing checkbox is 'greyed out' and I cannot check it.  Am I missing
something basic?

Also , initially when I transported the modified WF from our development
server to our test server I found that the new step was not being executed.
I then activated the WF in our test server. Now I've got a message in my
inbox from the step (because it is not defined as a backgrounfd step - see
first question above). My question here is is it correct procedure to
activate the WF in the test server?

Elizabeth Smith
LAI

Visit our Web Site:   www.lufthansa-airmotive.com